François-Xavier Bagnoud Aerospace Building
1320 Beal Avenue Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2140
- Sc.B. Aerospace Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2018
- Sc.M. Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2019
- Sc.D. Space Propulsion and Controls, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2022
- AEROSP 343 Spacecraft Dynamics
- Space systems, with particular attention on the applications of electric propulsion devices and related technologies for space exploration with small satellites.
Oliver Jia-Richards is an Assistant Professor in the University of Michigan Department of Aerospace Engineering and leads the Space Systems Laboratory. He received his Sc.D. in Space Propulsion and Controls (2022), Sc.M. in Aeronautics and Astronautics (2019), and Sc.B. in Aerospace Engineering (2018) from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics. His research interests lie in the domain of space systems, with particular attention on the applications of electric propulsion devices and related technologies for space exploration with small satellites. Prior to joining the University of Michigan, Oliver was a Postdoctoral Associate in the Cornell University Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
NASA Space Technology Research Fellowship (2018)AIAA Guidance,
Navigation, and Control Graduate Award (2021)