The department has a student chapter of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), a Women in Aeronautics and Astronautics organization (WAA), an Aerospace student honor society, Sigma Gamma Tau (SGT), and a student space exploration organization, (SEDS). There is also a committee of aerospace graduate students (GSAC), Tau Beta Pi, and our Alumni Association.
- Rishi Jashnani, President
- Catherine Philpott, President
- Torrence Gue, President
- SGT Office Hours (in SGT Office) : Wednesdays 1 – 2 PM & Fridays 1:30 – 2:30 PM
- Joshua Wilhelm, President
Tau Beta Pi (TBP) – CoE Graduate Student Engineering Honors Society
- Brianna Lax, President
Aero Alumni Association
To find any student in the department by name, you can use the University of Michigan Directory.
GSAC is a committee of graduate students whose mission is to create a welcoming and fulfilling community among graduate students, post-docs, and faculty in the aerospace department. The primary functions of GSAC are to:
- Identify the interests and concerns of graduate students, through regularly scheduled GSAC meetings (open to all) as well as anonymous reporting
- Represent the graduate student body in communications with the aerospace engineering faculty and department leadership
- Organize events that grow the sense of community in the department
GSAC also has a sub-committee dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within our department with the specific goals of:
- Organizing community forums to create safe spaces for dialogues within our community that promote education, support, and/or healing.
- Disseminating educational resources to our graduate student body to educate our community on issues of social justice.
- Advocating for changes to department policies that reflect our community’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. This is done through elected representatives that bring the ideas and concerns of the subcommittee to the department DEI committee meetings