The Department of Aerospace Engineering is pleased to announce that the application for the Fall 2023 semester is now OPEN. The new graduate offering is specifically designed to fill an unmet need in higher education for aerospace engineering professionals interested in technical leadership roles.
Leveraging industry advisors, faculty experts, and extensive peer benchmarking, the program was created to train future technical leaders as practical technologists, conscience-driven leaders, and collaborative innovators. Offered in collaboration with INSEAD business school in France, the Master of Engineering in Global Aerospace Leadership infuses aerospace science and engineering, essential business skills, and integrated learning to offer an unparalleled educational experience.
The 27-credit, online master’s degree program is completed on a part-time basis for six semesters over the course of two continuous years (fall, winter, and spring/summer semesters). Students will take between 4-6 credits per semester.
To foster important industry-wide connections, students will progress through the program as a cohort, regularly interacting and taking courses with a consistent group of peers – from the program’s initial in-person orientation experience to the culminating capstone project and graduation!
For additional program details, please visit our website.
How to Apply:
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and are particularly interested in professionals with 3-7+ years of work experience who have demonstrated excellent technical capabilities and are on the path to pursue technical leadership roles.
- Transcripts from all postsecondary institutions (completion of a bachelor’s degree or an international degree equivalent is required. Engineering or technical bachelor’s degree strongly preferred)
- Up-to-date resume
- Personal statement
- Three short essay questions
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your professional accomplishments and leadership potential
- Non-Native English Speaker Assessment (for international applicants)
- Application fee
- No GRE or other standardized test scores required!
Key Dates and Deadlines:
- Priority Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
- Final Application Deadline: May 1, 2023
- Classes Begin: August 28, 2023
- In-Person Experience #1 in Ann Arbor, Michigan: Week of August 21, 2023 (Dates TBA)
- In-Person Experience #2 in Fontainebleau, France: July 2024 (Dates TBA)