Current U-M undergraduate aerospace engineering students may apply to the Sequential Undergraduate/Graduate Studies (SUGS) program. This program makes it possible for top U-M aerospace engineering students to pursue a five-year sequential BSE/MSE. SUGS students are able to double count up to nine credit hours and transfer up to six credit hours from their undergraduate program to their graduate program. Eligible students typically apply to the SUGS program in their senior year. Learn more about admissions process and deadlines.
- Minimum graduating GPA of 3.5 or higher
- In your senior year of completing an Aerospace Engineering BSE at U-M
Interested students are recommended to meet with Ms. Denise Phelps, Graduate Student Coordinator, at the start of their senior year.
- A complete Rackham online application
- The GRE is waived (although students are encouraged to take the GRE, especially if they are considering continuing to the PhD program)
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Academic statement of purpose (describing your graduate study objectives)
- Two letters of recommendations (three letters are encouraged) from people who are familiar with you, in particular, faculty members who have supervised your coursework and/or research.
- U-M transcripts do not need to be submitted
- Complete the SUGS Election Form with Ms. Denise Phelps, Graduate Student Coordinator