421-1022 François-Xavier Bagnoud Aerospace Building
1320 Beal Avenue Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2140
- Plans, lay-out and build experimental subassemblies and prototype instruments and accessories for research projects and instructional labs.
- Reviews engineering specifications, drawings and sketches and creates special tools or fittings to build instruments.
- Applies advanced skill in repair or modification to existing instrumentation and equipment.
- Consults regularly with student teams concerning the design and fabrication of large team projects.
- Maintains and organize large professional machine and composite shop, including upkeep of mandated OSHA regulations.
- Coordinates facility maintenance and repairs for wind tunnel and machine shop buildings.
- Emergency Response team member trained in CPR, First aid and AED.
Start date at U-M: October 1988
Hometown: Lifetime resident of Dexter, MI
Favorite place or activity in Ann Arbor: My job at the University of Michigan. I like to spend my time in Dexter.
Advice for new students: Be proactive and stay on top of your studies. Don’t procrastinate!
Favorite quote: “Your inability to plan does not dictate my ability to react.” — Terry Larrow
Favorite free time activities or hobbies: Working on projects in my home shop and spending time with my wife.