PhD in Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece (2012)
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece (2006)
348: Aircraft Dynamics and Control
584: Navigation and Guidance of Aerospace Vehicles
551: Nonlinear Systems and Control
740: Multi-Agent Control
Research Interests: ^top
Nonlinear Systems, Control and Estimation; Multi-Agent Systems; Decentralized/Distributed Planning and Control; Cooperative and Non-cooperative Control; Switched and Hybrid Systems; Robotics; Motion and Path Planning; Guidance, Navigation and Control of Unmanned Vehicles; Applications in Autonomous Multi-Vehicle Systems, Human-Robot Interaction, and Robotic Networks (Safety and Resilience).
Dimitra Panagou received the Diploma and PhD degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens, Greece, in 2006 and 2012, respectively. Since September 2014 she has been a faculty member with the Department of Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan. Prior to joining the University of Michigan, she was a postdoctoral research associate with the Coordinated Science Laboratory, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (2012-2014), a visiting research scholar with the GRASP Lab, University of Pennsylvania (June 2013, fall 2010) and a visiting research scholar with the University of Delaware, Mechanical Engineering Department (spring 2009). Her research interests include the fields of multi-agent planning, control and estimation, with applications in safe and resilient unmanned aerial systems, robotic networks and autonomous multi-vehicle systems (ground, marine, aerial, space), and human-robot interaction. She is a recipient of the NASA 2016 Early Career Faculty Award, of the Air Force Office of Science Research 2017 Young Investigator Award and of the NSF CAREER award, and a senior member of the IEEE and the AIAA.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2020 National Science Foundation CAREER Award “Perceivability: Enabling Safe and Secure Autonomy via Synergistic Control, Observation and Learning”
- 2017 AFOSR Young Investigator Award: “From High-Level Task Specifications to Geometric Control via Lyapunov Abstractions”
- 2016 NASA Early Faculty Career Award: “The Astronet: A Human-Centric Network of Free Flying Co-Robots”
- Senior Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2019-present
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2019-present
- Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), 2014-present
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2008-present
- Member, Technical Chamber of Greece, 2006-present
Recent refereed journal papers
Full List of Publications
- K. Garg and D. Panagou, “Fixed-time Stable Gradient-flow Schemes: Applications to Continuous-time Optimization”, conditionally accepted, March 2020.
- D. Panagou, M. Turpin and V. Kumar “Decentralized Goal Assignment and Safe Trajectory Generation in Multi-Robot Networks via Multiple Lyapunov Functions”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, to appear.
- J. Usevitch and D. Panagou “Resilient Leader-Follower Consensus to Arbitrary Reference Values in Time-Varying Graphs”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 1755-1762, April 2020
- J. Usevitch and D. Panagou “Determining r- and (r,s)-Robustness of Digraphs Using Mixed Integer Linear
Programming”, Automatica, vol. 111, 108586, pp. 1-13, January 2020
- W. Bentz and D. Panagou “A Hybrid Approach to Persistent Coverage in Stochastic Environments”, Automatica, vol. 109, 108554, pp. 1-12, November 2019
- D. Han and D. Panagou “Robust multi-task formation control via parametric Lyapunov-like Barrier Functions”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 64, no. 11, pp. 4439-4453, November 2019
- K. Garg and D. Panagou, “Finite-time multi-agent estimation and control for multi-aircraft systems under wind and dynamic obstacles”, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1489-1505, July 2019
- H. Rastgoftar, E. M. Atkins and D. Panagou “Safe multi-quadcopter system continuum deformation over moving frames”, IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 737-749, June 2019
- X. Ma, Z. Jiao, Z. Wang and D. Panagou “3D decentralized prioritized motion planning and coordination for high-density operations of micro aerial vehicles”, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 939-953, May 2018
- W. Bentz, T. Hoang, E. Bayasgalan and D. Panagou “Complete 3-D dynamic coverage in energy-constrained multi-UAV sensor networks”, Autonomous Robots, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 825-851, April 2018
- D. Panagou, D. M. Stipanovi´c and P. G. Voulgaris “Dynamic coverage and avoidance control under anisotropic sensing”, IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 850-862, December 2017
- D. Panagou “A distributed feedback motion planning protocol for multiple unicycle agents of different classes”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1178-1193, March 2017